Among the various free FTP programs available to download on the internet for Mac OS X, Windows, or Linux, Just Host recommends Filezilla. It can be downloaded free of charge from http://www.filezilla-project.org.
What You Need
- A Just Host hosting account
- Filezilla installed and running on your computer
- Your cpanel username and password or an FTP username and password
- A domain that points to your Just Host hosting account, or your servers IP address.
The Site Manager
To create a connection in FileZilla you will need to use the site manager.
- Click file and open the site manager
- Click the new site button
- Enter a name for the new site
- Enter the following settings
- Host: Your Domain Name or server IP address.
- Port: 21
- Protocol: FTP – File Transfer Protocol
- Encryption: Use plain FTP
- Logon Type: Ask for Password
- User: Your cpanel username or the username of an FTP account
- Click the transfer settings tab. Then select Limit number or simultaneous connections and set the limit to 8
- Click the connect button
- You will be prompted for your password; enter it, and click OK.
Once you click connect it should connect to the server and allow you to download and upload files.
After setting up the site in the site manager you can simply open the site manager and click the connect button. You will not have to enter your settings again.
Did this resolve your issue? If so drop your comment below